Popular in the 70s and somehow in the 80s, this diet became known as the diet of the recruits of the forces of the Israeli army, which according to rumors fed a very rigorous and strict diet that allowed them lose large amounts of weight in a short period of time.
The aim of the Israeli army diet is to eliminate several kilos in a short time , greatly reducing the number of calorie intake.
Learn more about the pros and cons of this diet and whether it should follow for a normal person.
What is the diet of the Israeli army?
The plan diet Israeli army runs for a period of 8 days and is considered to be very strict because it only allows people consume between one and two meals a day, accompanied by coffee and tea. A limited selection of food which leads to a low calorie intake.
How is nutrition in this diet?
Israeli army diet is divided into four periods of two days each, in which one type of food per day is allowed, as well as coffee and tea unlimited, for example:
- Days 1 and 2: apples, coffee and green tea.
- Days 3 and 4: cheese, coffee and green tea.
- 5 and 6: chicken, coffee and green tea.
- 7 and 8: salad, coffee and green tea.
What are the benefits of diet Israeli army?
- It is likely to lose weight quickly, which makes it ideal for a special event.
- Only lasts eight days, then you can return to your regular diet.
What are the disadvantages of diet Israeli army?
- It is a very strict diet, it does not allow to be followed by a prolonged period of time.
- Because of the drastic reduction in calories. It is likely that extreme hunger, dizziness and nausea is experienced.
- It provides no nutritional value, so the diet can be dangerous for people with a medical condition such as diabetes.
- Usually when he went off the diet the weight lost is recovered, ie has a very sharp rebound effect.
- The dropout rate of the diet is very high.
Is this diet is accompanied by some exercise?
In this diet program mention that it must be accompanied with exercise it is not done. In fact because of dietary restrictions weakness program is common and makes physical activity is basically impossible.
Diet Israeli army is not much more than a detailed 3 week diet plan review that was popularized in the 1970s Given its lack of calories and nutrition diet does not receive so is not recommended for much of the population, despite scientific approval which it is likely to result in weight loss in the short term.